Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Food for thought?

I was surfing the net, getting my daily dose of fashion news when I came across this youtube video about the model Vlada Roslyakova. In the video, they acknowledge her as their thinspiration princess. Being the mountain tortoise that I am, I went to google the word "thinspiration" and what I found was quite shocking. According to wikipedia.org, thinspiration is a word derived from people who view their "thinspiration" as people they want to be as thin as. This people are usually "Pro-ana" which means they promote having anorexia nervosa as a lifestyle choice.


Vlada at Elie Saab Couture Fall 2009

When I read the articles, I was like what the @#$%&*! These people are crazy, they even have blogs to "help" their fellow "Pro-ana"s lose weight (to skeletal proportions) and suggest ideas to avoid detections by doctors and families. I mean I'm always ranting on and on about going on diet (which never happens) but what these people are doing borders on insanity. Sometimes you never get some people who drive themselves to self-destruction.

Information from wikipedia.org