Saturday, January 10, 2009

A present and A wedding

I attended Jx brother's wedding 2 nights ago and I say the food was fantastic. I rarely get to dress up for occasions so was quite glad to be able to finally wear my miu miu-inspired dress. Photos will come later when i get them.

And last night Jx finally gave me my anniversary gift, my current dvd obssession(I know I'm abit slow)- 5 Centimeters Per Second: a chain of short stories about their distance (秒速5センチメートルアチェインオブショートストリーズアバウトゼアディスタンス)( I've been trying to search for this DVD online but amazon keeps giving me crappy search results or 2nd-hand DVDs.)
Now moving on to the anime, I'm totally in love with the plot and the graphics in the anime is fantastic. I think the director/ creator Makoto Shinkai brings out the emotions of the characters really well and the backdrop created was scenic. "5cm per second" really overtaken my admiration for his earlier works like "She and Her Cat". I'm off to drool over the greatness that's Makoto Shinkai. Ja...